Mailchimp releases a product that enables marketers and small businesses to design email campaigns by building on already-existing generative AI tools and Intuit’s AI-driven expert platform.
Intuit The creator of the world’s most popular email marketing and automation platform, Mailchimp, introduced Email Content Generator (beta), which uses GPT AI technology to give users the ability to build marketing email campaigns based on their industry, marketing objectives, and brand voice. The latest release of Mailchimp’s AI-powered features, including Email Content Generator, is the next step in the company’s mission to revolutionise email marketing for small and medium-sized businesses.
“We’re on a mission to make Mailchimp the only place where marketers can effortlessly create content optimized for their brand, their marketing channels, their objectives, and every member of their audience”, “AI and text generation tools like ChatGPT have received a lot of attention recently, and for good reason. We see this as a supportive technology for marketers, and we want to provide them with approachable ways to use AI so that they can automate, generate, and optimize content to save time and trust that what we’re serving them is tailored to help them reach their goals.”
Rania Succar, CEO, Mailchimp
Automating Democracy for Marketers
In order to aid marketers and small businesses in their marketing efforts, Mailchimp has added AI and machine learning capabilities to its platform over the past several years. In order to integrate AI technology into its email marketing platform, Mailchimp made significant acquisitions, beginning with Sawa in 2019 and Inspector 6 in 2020.
Following the acquisition in 2021, Mailchimp joined Intuit’s AI-driven expert platform and now has access to even more cutting-edge data and tools that let the email marketing platform use AI to solve its customers’ most difficult problems. By accelerating personalised AI at scale for more than 100 million consumer and small business customers, Intuit has been leading AI innovation to assist its clients in solving their most pressing challenges.
In-app AI and data science features like Creative Assistant, Content Optimizer, Send-Day and Send-Time Optimization, Predictive Segmentation, and Product Recommendations, among others, are among the 20+ features that Mailchimp currently offers. These features are intended to save marketers and small business owners time, enable them to send more successful marketing campaigns, and help them make smarter marketing decisions. With the help of our AI-powered features, Mailchimp produced more than 8 million recommendations in 2022 alone.
“Marketers and small businesses are spending a lot of time thinking about how they can apply AI without adding something new to their plates or relinquishing creative control”, “We see generative AI fundamentally changing the landscape of creative work, and we’re here to help our customers apply it to their day-to-day marketing in meaningful ways so that they get more done and reach their goals faster. Email Content Generator and our AI-powered features can help them do just that.”
Jon Fasoli, Chief Data and Product Officer, Mailchimp
Learn more about Mailchimp’s AI features and the email content generator.
Users of Mailchimp may generate content using AI to create on-brand marketing material more quickly, acquire copy ideas and inspiration, and test variations to give their customers more individualised and interesting information. With the aid of Email Content Generator, marketers can take the content that GPT AI technology suggests for them and then modify it in order to create highly customised email marketing campaigns that are tailored to their brand, tone, and marketing intent, making email campaigns seem more real and pertinent to their customers.
Our customers may choose from three alternatives of copy when building an email campaign in Mailchimp’s new email editing tool, depending on their industry, marketing objectives, and tone of voice. Customers of Mailchimp can use Email Content Generator to generate three possibilities that are even more specific to the objective of their email campaign by providing a natural language prompt, such as “write an email about our new product launch and offer 15% off orders today only.” To reach their audience and increase sales, users can choose the choice that works best for them to drag and drop into their campaign, customize, and send.
The content production and optimisation tools from Mailchimp do more than just produce content; they also analyse why a campaign performed as it did, offer thorough insights and suggestions, and offer tips for how to make that campaigns and content better. Small businesses and marketers can use Mailchimp’s data, which contains information about their particular industry, to benchmark their marketing efforts against those of their competitors and determine the optimum days and times to send marketing campaigns to engage their target audience.
In order to power its AI technologies, Mailchimp combines internally developed models with those from other vendors. Intuit’s AI infrastructure, which Mailchimp is utilizing, enables technologists across the organisation to “democratize” AI and incorporate AI capabilities into Intuit products at scale for customers. As a result, Intuit generates 58 billion machine learning predictions daily and 730 million AI-driven customer help interactions annually.
The most recent addition to Mailchimp’s marketing-focused AI toolbox is Email Content Generator, which also includes functions like:
- Send Day and Send Time Optimization – Based on industry standards, Send Day Optimization advises the optimal day to send an email within the date range of a campaign (in Campaign Manager). Mailchimp changes the send time of an email to the anticipated best time of day to send an email campaign through the use of Send Time Optimization.
- Content Optimizer – Mailchimp may assist marketers in choosing how to plan and design their marketing content when you send email campaigns to your audience. With analysis for readability and skimmability, calls to action, imagery, tone, as well as faults in link formatting, merge tags, spelling, and grammar, Mailchimp’s Content Optimizer offers further assistance based on industry best practises.
- Using their brand’s colors, fonts, logos, and images, marketers may utilise Creative Assistant to automatically develop designs for their marketing by importing their brand assets and storing them in a brand kit. Mailchimp makes multichannel campaigns beautiful and consistent by utilising design best practises and AI, while also making it simple for users to modify, resize, and publish.
- Purchase Likelihood and Customer Lifetime Value – Mailchimp uses e-commerce data, such as individual purchase histories and patterns, to assist marketers in estimating their customers’ lifetime value and likelihood to make additional purchases for customers who have integrated their e-commerce stores and/or QuickBooks Online accounts with the Mailchimp platform.
- Next Action Suggestions for Customer Journey Builder – Customer Journey Marketers can recommend additional steps to include in a customer journey by using Builder’s Next Action Recommendations to analyse the behaviour of comparable customers.
- With GPT, you can create subject lines, headers, subheaders, and preview text. With the addition of these text creation capabilities, Mailchimp users now have access to the full range of email text creation solutions.
- Alt-text Generation – The Alt-text Generator analyses a photo’s contents and suggests alternate text (alt-text) for visually impaired users to read.
- Stock Image Suggestion: Based on the content that new Mailchimp users submit about their businesses, on-brand stock image options are revealed for those users who may not have image assets connected to their businesses when they initially sign up.
- Campaign Performance Benchmarking – Through statistics like growth rate and open rate, Campaign Performance Benchmarking groups assist marketers in understanding how their marketing compares to peers in the industry.
- Product Recommendations: Based on predictions generated by past purchase history and email interactions, Mailchimp customers can add product recommendation blocks to their emails.
On April 10, 2023, a subset of Mailchimp customers with Standard and Premium accounts who use the new email builder will have access to Email Content Generator (beta).
To Read More Marketing Related News Click Here